First prize a £4,500 commission from The Folio Society
Five runners-up each win £500 cash
We are delighted to announce that for a third year, the House of Illustration and The Folio Society are collaborating on The Book Illustration Competition. The winning entry will form part of a Folio Society commission for the book which will be published in August 2013, for which the winner will receive £4,500. Five runners up will each receive a cash prize of £500.
- This competition is open to anyone over 18 who is not a Folio Society published illustrator.
- Entrants should register their details and enter online.
- The entry fee, which includes VAT, will be £25 (£15 for students), payable online via Paypal. Once registered for entry, no refunds of entry fees, part or whole, will be offered.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- The closing date for entries is 11.59pm Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday 22nd January 2013.
- All judging is done anonymously. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first prize will be a Folio Society commission. The winner will be asked to provide a total of 8 illustrations for the final book, as well as a binding design, and must agree to complete the commission within the given deadline (March 2013). The winner will be paid £4,500 for the commission. Five runners-up will receive prizes of £500 cash. Three prizes of the six will be awarded to student entries.
- The winner, runners-up and shortlisted finalists must be prepared to lend some or all of their original artwork for display and will be required to allow reproduction of the artwork for use in web and printed publicity. Please see the terms and conditions.
- The judging will take place in January 2013, shortly after the deadline for entries. The winner and runners up will be announced publicly in July 2013, to enable the winner to work on the book and for it to be published.
Timeline for the competition
Call for entries September 2012
Deadline for entries 11.59pm Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday 22nd January 2013
Judging End of January 2013
Winner and runners up announced July 2013